Who doesn’t like a post with bullet points?
- I am taking a digital photography class. It’s one night a week for 5 weeks and I’ve only been to one class, but so far it’s cool. Aperture and shutter speed are finicky bitches. In the next four weeks I would love to know my camera inside and out. More importantly, I would like to be better at photo composition and taking extraordinary pictures in ordinary settings. I hope you guys will reap the benefits of the class.
- The class is mostly baby boomers (which is nice considering I just spent the last several years in undergrad school with a bunch on snotty nosed kids) and when the teacher asked what we wanted to get out of the class a lady said, “I would like to learn how to post pictures to facebook.”
- I’m also learning how to sew. I bought this little gem. It’s supposed to be a great beginner’s machine. How did I not learn how to sew until now? My grandmother sewed and my mother used to make my sister and I’s clothes. Matching outfits, btw. A couple of months ago, I met a lady at the running store who was a quilter. She is going to teach me how to make curtains next Wednesday.
- In a couple of hours I’m meeting up with the dirty girls for another trail run. I’ve become the POC for walk/runners. I’m glad I can help guide people in their journey to become more fit, but does it make me a terrible person that I’m disappointed I’ll have to walk the whole loop this morning?
- Lastly, and the most exciting! I’m going on a yoga retreat! Beyond excited. This has been a really rough couple of months emotionally. Going long periods of time without my husband is hard, but this trip I had to deal with a personal tragedy. Alone. I can’t express……..The retreat just a couple of short weeks away and then the following week he will be home. The timing couldn’t be more perfect. I NEED THIS.