Monday, October 27, 2008

20 miler, check...

Well, ok not quite. I didn't make it to 20 miles. Official Garmin mileage: 18.9 I think I hit 'the wall.' I did everything the same as my 18 mile week. No weights at the gym, took it easy Tuesday night at speed training, ate french toast Thursday night, pasta Friday night. What happened? It felt like my 16 miler, but waaay worse. Everything was going great starting out. I felt strong until around mile 14, then I started fading. Diana was doing everything she could to keep my mind of the pain that started creeping into my feet. Then they started into my calves. By mile 17 I was hurting...in a bad way. I managed to push through until 18.9, but I don't really know how I did that. I really wanted to go 20, but my body just gave up on me. I tried something new and I don't think my body responded very well to it. I ate Jolly Ranchers instead of gels. I think I will go back to the gels for my 22 miler in a couple of weeks. I am really freaked out about the marathon now. I was feeling so good from my 18 miler. I don't know what happened. I am feeling better after a swim and some good stretching today. Oh yeah, and the millions of times I iced my poor pathetic legs Saturday and Sunday. I am going to focus on how good I felt after my 18 miler and take that into my 22 mile run.

No comments: