Things I am completely over right now:
- College kids who think they know everything about the world, even though they are still being supported by mommy and daddy
I was reading a blog the other day ( still have to learn how to insert hyperlinks into my blog so you would be able to see what I am talking about) and she was talking about that Steven Covey book, 7 Habits...I remember reading that book about 7 or 8 years ago and she brought up the quadrant living concept. I didn't think much of it until I was swimming yesterday morning and I was concentrating on "quadrant swimming" and the light bulb went off. I totally remembered quadrant living. Here it is in a nutshell:
You life events can be separated into 4 categories:
- Urgent/Important - daily things you do like feed your kids, eat, pay bills, etc.
- Not Urgent/Important - these are things that enrich your life - reading a good book, talking a walk, going on a jog, chatting with an old friend, exercising, trying new things, visiting family, etc.
- Urgent/Not Important - returning emails, answering phone calls, work dinners, stupid commitments, demands being made on you that you that have no real value, etc.
- Not Urgent/Not Important - who really cares?
So, more of 2; less of 3.