Thursday, October 23, 2008

Holy Crap

Holy Crap, this has been a crazy week. School has been killing me. Tuesday I hit a low, big time. Thankfully I go to speed training on Tuesday nights with my running group. I felt much better afterwards. I think I had one of my miniature nervous breakdowns. I have to stop having those.
Things I am completely over right now:
  1. Deadlines
  2. Exams
  3. College kids who think they know everything about the world, even though they are still being supported by mommy and daddy
I was reading a blog the other day ( still have to learn how to insert hyperlinks into my blog so you would be able to see what I am talking about) and she was talking about that Steven Covey book, 7 Habits...I remember reading that book about 7 or 8 years ago and she brought up the quadrant living concept. I didn't think much of it until I was swimming yesterday morning and I was concentrating on "quadrant swimming" and the light bulb went off. I totally remembered quadrant living. Here it is in a nutshell:
You life events can be separated into 4 categories:
  1. Urgent/Important - daily things you do like feed your kids, eat, pay bills, etc.
  2. Not Urgent/Important - these are things that enrich your life - reading a good book, talking a walk, going on a jog, chatting with an old friend, exercising, trying new things, visiting family, etc.
  3. Urgent/Not Important - returning emails, answering phone calls, work dinners, stupid commitments, demands being made on you that you that have no real value, etc.
  4. Not Urgent/Not Important - who really cares?

So, more of 2; less of 3.

No comments: