Thursday, October 16, 2008

Get over it

So, yesterday was a horrible day. I actually failed an accounting test. Accounting people. That's my major, what the hell? The good news is, I think most people failed it (if you can even call that good news). The teacher wont curve anything until the end of the semester. What? So, a huge blow to the ego for our whole class. I feel like I picked the wrong major or something. So, instead of coming home and studying accounting, I did what any rational person would do: I bought a bottle of wine, sulked on the couch, and caught up on my recorded tv shows. (Hey, its up to almost 70% full). So, I was watching the new episode of Little People Big World, and I ended up balling my eyes out because Matt Roloff went to Iraq to visit a family who had three dwarf children. They were the happiest and most loving children I have ever seen. The whole television show really put things in perspective. I am sitting here bitching about failing one miserable test while across the world there is a family who is just trying to survive in a war torn country while dealing with potentially deadly forms of dwarfism. One of the little girls couldn't even walk. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our lives that we actually start to think the world really does revolve around us. Time to loosen the reins a little. Enough sulking. Time to be proactive and do something about this pesky little situation I have. After all, it could be much worse. Instead of moping I am determined to think of only things that I am thankful for today.

No comments: