Monday, February 2, 2009

The Big Climb

So I just registered for the Big Climb. 69 flights of stairs - 1,311 steps with 788ft of vertical elevation. It’s pretty popular here in Seattle and I think some of you have done it, but it’s the first time I’ll be doing it. I’m doing it with a team called “the Brady Bunch” named after the sweetest little baby just born into the family a couple of weeks ago. It’s gonna be fun…and hard as hell!! I am having some weird knee thing going on. It’s not the usual IT band issue. It seems different. I don’t know where it came from because I was sick for a week and didn’t run so I know it’s not from overworking. When I ran Thursday night I felt it and then I ran a 5miler Saturday morning and I felt it again. It wasn’t excruciating or anything, but somethings not right. I have been icing the hell out of it and using the foam roller, but I don’t know…I guess we will see Tuesday night. I have the name of a good PT, just in case. I won’t hesitate to go get it checked out. I have too many goals this year for a nuisance injury to be tagging along.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh man! That's intense. I would NEVER do it. Stairs are my nemesis.

Aron said...

WOW that is crazy!!!!

hope you knee is just a little off right now and gets back to normal SOON!!

Alisa said...

Yikes! That is quite the climb. There used to be a machine at the gym where you set it on a landmark and step your way to the top. I loved it, so motivating.

Be careful with that knee.

Denise said...

I'm thinking about doing this in Philly this year. Think it sounds like such a cool challenge!