Friday, February 27, 2009

Typical Friday Night

I'm getting sleepy and it's only 8:15. I woke up super early this morning (4am) to get a swim and a new spin class in before school. The new spin class was awesome. The instructor was great. I might keep going. I just wish it was a little later, but it is what it is. He teaches Wed too. I don't know if I can get up at 4am on a Wed. The only reason I can on Fridays is because I know I don't have to set the alarm Saturday morning. We'll see how long I can keep it up. Thursday:
  • Yoga
  • 3 x [5min walk, 5 min run] - lame but no pain

Friday:

  • Swim (no workout in particular, just laps)
  • Spin (1 hour)
  • Push-up Challenge

I don't have anything planned this weekend except studying for a test on Monday. No fun. Sunday I have a run planned. Can I actually call it a run when I know I have to incorporate walking?

I picked up some good CD's from the library to download.

Fiona Apple - "Tidal" (I used to have this one, but lost it before I tunes existed)

Ingrid Michaelson - "Be Ok" (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT)

    Pink - "I'm not dead" (major bust. I like her newer stuff ay better. I probably wont even download this one)

    Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope (highly recommended)

    Corinne Bailey Rae - (mellow, recommend it)

    Nighty Night.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I adore Regina and Ingrid. I saw Ingrid not that long ago in Portland and she's HILARIOUS! Who knew?? Enjoy!

Alisa said...

I really like Regina!

So the swim workouts are done, I'll be emailing them this morning, not anything spectactular...sorry it took so long!

I always call my long runs on Sundays, long runs, even though I take a couple of walk breaks. I can't drink and run, if I try, I drink and choke! So ever, 2-3 miles I take a speed walk drink break.

Alisa said...

P.S. I went to bed last night 930pm...I can't help it, I'm not a night person even if I didn't get up at 4:50am.

X-Country2 said...

All good recs. Nice work on getting up and about so early!

Kristen said...

I am right there with you studying this weekend - ALL weekend. I did my long run this am and now I have a date with my books.

Great job getting up so early to get in all your workouts and good luck with the run. You getting out there that is all that matters so if you have to walk walk. No sense in injuring yourself again.

Amy said...

I feel like we have the same taste in music....I love (and have) all of those! Waking up at 4am? You are a rockstar.

Hope the run went well too (and yes, you can call it a run if you walk). :)