Monday, February 23, 2009

Weight Goal

I forgot one of the biggest reasons why I was posting today - My new weight goal. Duh! Helloooo. So now that I am off the pity party and back on the working out wagon, I thought I should check the damage and weight myself. Much to my surprise it was 141.5. Not bad. I thought it would be much worse. I feel heavier and bloated. So I started tracking my meals on this awesome website to monitor myself. I figure it should take 7 weeks to get to my goal weight which incidentally is the exact same amount of time I am using as my 'rehab' schedule from here. the totals work out to 1.5 lbs a week. Do you guys think that's healthy? It's not like I'll be starving myself, but if I am working out regularly and fueling properly. I thought about doing 1 lb a week too? Both would give great results. Comments?

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I like the Daily Plate! Good luck on your goal :)

Fit Mommy said...

Hi, just clicked over from Run Far and Strong cause I loved your title!!
Very cool. I'd always run for wine and the good stuff on the weekends.

As far as your question, I think a pound a week is good. But, I don't really follow pounds, more like inches Lost! Cause if you're doing lots of weights, you might not lose weight.

Alisa said...

The daily plate rocks, I have mine set to "lose 1.5 lbs per week" too. Though I've been hitting my target or just below/just above I gained 2 lbs last week (but then lost 1.5 over the weekend). My body is weird! I'd be happy with about 8 lbs gone before I have to hit my really high mileage for marathon training.

X-Country2 said...

Sounds like a great program Hopefully it doesn't yell at you like the Wii Fit. That thing judges!

Missy said...

Oh, good luck. I'm terrible at that kind of thing...but I AM good at staying on track with my swim workouts;) Keep at it!

Julianne said...

I think 1.5 lbs is totally reasonable! It won't be easy but I'll be looking forward to your progress!! You're totally motivating me. After my marathon this weekend, I'm gonna go serious on my diet, too. Let's keep each other accountable! :-)

Kristen said...

Yes, I think 1.5 is very reasonable! I am going to have to look at that website - I have never heard of it. Good luck - can't wait to see your progress.

Amy said...

My friend writes a health column for a website called "Cheeky Chicago." She just wrote one about weight loss...here you go. http://www.cheekychicago.com/your-cheeky-health-freak/

She thinks food journals really help. And while I agree I find them too time consuming to follow (maybe I should stop eating so much)! Anyway good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

1-2 pounds is the healthy recommendation for weight loss, so yes, your goal is healthy.

Good luck and yay for fewer Gym Rats!