Friday, March 27, 2009

Spin, Swim, Strides & Heart Rate

Today I did a plethora of workouts. Spin Intervals - 55 min Mostly Z4 Swim - 40 min Mish mash of crap. I didn't go with a workout in mind. Run - 30 min w 6 x 100m strides This was exciting for me because it was the first time I was allowed to do strides since my injury. Obviously, because my times are all over the place: 1 = 7:16 (164 bpm) 2 = 6:59 (162) 3 = 6:36 (166) 4 = 6:05 (163) 5 = 6:09 (165) 6 = 5:49 (164) Definitely NOT very consistent. I'll have to fine tune that, but damn it felt good to fire up those muscles! I am trying to work on paying more attention to my heart rate. I think I'm naturally a high beater. My resting heart rate is 85, but I might have to do another test because from what I understand that seems pretty high for someone this active. Happy Friday Peeps!

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

dang girl! nice workout!!

joyRuN said...

All that today?! Nicely done!!

Definitely recheck your resting heart rate - 85 is pretty high, especially with you being able to pull off those phenomenal workouts.

Alisa said...

Great work chica! I've never officially done strides...I may need to start adding track stuff to my workout routine.

jen said...

Big day!! Well done on the workouts esp the strides. Have a good weekend!

KK said...

Enjoy your last days of spring break-this is such a coveted time for us school dwelling folk.

Nice workouts, you did a whole triathlon!

Amy said...

Agreed w/ everyone else, great workout! And, that is really exciting that you can do strides again. Very cool. You'll no doubt get more consistent the more you do them.

X-Country2 said...

Great workouts!

Missy said...

I'm a high beater too. When I hit 185, people freakkk out. It's all good, as long as you know where your true zone ranges are.

Kristen said...

Great workout! I can't wait until this marathon is over to do more time in the pool and on the bike.