Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekly Goals (march 16-22)

Monday: Push-up challenge* Swim class** Tuesday: Run 25 min Wednesday: Swim Spin Run 30 min Push-up Challenge Thursday: Yoga Friday: Swim Spin Run 25 min Saturday: Run 35 min Sunday: Climb 69 flights of stairs *I have to repeat week three. Last Friday I crashed and burned. I was scheduled to do: 22, 30, 20, 20, @least 28. For some reason I could barely do 20 which I have previously been able to burn through. I think my arms were more tired than usual though. I'll repeat week three, it's cool. ** I am also going to try a new swim deal. Tonight I am going to a class called "Guided Swim Workout." I have tried it before about a year ago, but the girl who was leading it gave me some really crappy advice and had me screwed up for a couple of weeks. I finally started asking other experienced swimmers about it and they were like, she told you to do what? She told me to lift my head up so that I was practically looking at the front of the pool, not the floor of the pool. I thought it was odd, but she supposedly had experience and I was the rookie.

8 comments:

Missy said...

Look up??? WTF, dumbass chick! Face down always...in the pool, in the pool. Oh, things that sound perverted but aren't!!! Never look up, your hand will hit a foot or wall and you'll know where you are (easier said than done). Good luck at class, so much better with others.

Jocelyn said...

You will kick ass this week! Great goals!

joyRuN said...

Can't wait to hear about how the class goes.

I can't believe someone told you to look up in the pool!

Kristen said...

I am so excited to hear about your climb! My friend did that in San Francsico and it looked really fun. Good luck with the workouts.

X-Country2 said...

Looks like a good week on tap. Good luck with the swim. Sounds like you're on a better track.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are Queen of Cross-Training. Good luck on the climb!

jen said...

I'm repeating all the weeks on the pushup challenge.. going for the gradual build up over a rapid one. You're doing great, it took me 5 or so weeks to get where you are!

Good luck on the stair climb! Sounds brutal.

Amy said...

I can't wait to hear how the class went. The only justification for looking up I can think of, is when you need to see the buoy you're swimming towards in a tri, and you have to look up. But that's only every X stroke.

So, I didn't realize you live RIGHT NEXT TO VASHON! How cool is that? I am so jealous. We went there for a family trip w. my husband's family. I fell in love and want to go back! You are so lucky! Did you grow up there?