- Going to the pool in the evening is psycho - way too many crumb-grabbers
- The swim class had only 2 lanes
- Therefore I had to share with four other people
- Two of which were slow as hell and consistently got in my way
- Was I supposed to eat dinner before or after? (didn't get out until 8pm and my bed time is usually about 9)
Reasons why I liked the swim class:
- I met up with one of the girlfriends who's schedule doesn't allow for swimming in the morning (although we didn't even get to swim in the same lane)
- No crumb-grabbers only serious swimmers
- The swim class workout is still posted on the white board so I can do the actual workout any time I want (and do it often)
- I have never had to share a lane with more than one other person
- In fact, 70% of the time I have my own lane or share with someone who's also there every morning and we are compatible with each other
- I don't have to question my nutrition plan
Reasons why I had a crappy swim that had nothing to do with the swim class
- My new goggles I just got were too big (even though I swore I got the exact same ones). I had them as tight as they could go, but had chlorine seeping in the whole time
- I got calf cramps that moved down into my feet. Worst thing that happens to me while swimming and it usually occurs every couple of weeks. Question for the swimmers out there - Does this mean I am pointing my toes too much? Is it a matter of nutrition?
So, I don't know if I'll actually go back. Maybe in the summer because I suspect there will be less kids there then - therefore less adults too. I stopped at the swim shop and replaced my goggles with a kids pair (what can I say, I have a small freakin head) so hopefully I wont have the chlorine in the eyes problem again too. Come Wednesday I'll be a morning swimmer again.
Sidebar - I got a new swimming suit. It was a big deal because it was a one piece and I haven't worn a one piece in about a decade and never since I started swimming in the pool. I hated one pieces because they make me look stumpy, but I gotta tell you I loved it. I was wearing a tankini and I can't believe how much drag it had. I felt so tight and streamlined in my new one piece. Maybe after I reach my goal weight, my reward will be a two piece.
Weigh-in: I didn't post about this yesterday, but I did my weigh-in and I dropped 3 1/2 lbs. I was surprised. I ate more this week than last so I think I actually figured out my nutritional - workout balance. I also stopped logging my foods and started trusting my nutritional instincts. I obviously wasn't eating enough (hence the meltdown post). I know 3 1/2 is a lot for one week - in fact 2 lbs more than my goal, so I certainly don't anticipate losing that much in the next weigh-in.