Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wed Spin Intervals

I'm fighting a cold. Not cool. It's been knocking on the door for a couple of days now. I thought it was passing, but right now I have a scratchy thorat and am feeling like I just got run over by a freight truck. But that's not why I'm posting..... I wanted to post about my new love: Wednesday Morning Spin Intervals - I love you. I wore my Garmie so I could track my heart rate. We did 6 intervals for about 3-4 min each. Here are my max bpm/interval: 156, 162, 167, 172, 171, 177 http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2614480 I also swam for about 45 min before and then again 15 min after. I wore my new awesome one-piece and just threw my bike shorts and a tank over them. It worked out pretty good because I knew I was just going back in the water - but in retrospect, it wasn't really worth it because I was tired and didn't have the energy to bust out some more drills. Also, I don't think its a good idea to do the push-ups after a swim. My arms were worn out!

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Good job on your work outs! make sure you get youre rest in! Nothing worse than being sick...believe me, I know! Not sure how you could do push ups after swimming, you are a tough cookie thats for sure!

Amy said...

I can't believe you swam before and AFTER. No push-ups for sure. Especially b/c you're feeling sick. I took Mucinex and it really helped. Feel better and great job this morning!

Missy said...

Mucinex rocks! If it's just in the head, work it out, chest means rest! Yay for swimming and yeah, arms toasted, push ups, no way;)

Chloe said...

Thanks for the comment on the heart rate stuff. I have no clue about any of it. But I don't plan to be a heart rate Nazi either :) Just to use it as a guide.


Glad the new suit is working out well for you! If you are looking for cheap suits - check out swimoutlet.com . They have a great selection - and also cheap grab bag suits!!

Anonymous said...

ice work out! i would definitely not be able to do push-ups after swimming!

hope you kick that colds butt and feel better soon :)

Aron said...

nice job on the intervals!!! now get that cold away!

X-Country2 said...

Swimming along wears out my arms. I can barely blow dry my hair after a hard swim. I can't imagine push ups too!

Get well soon.

Chic Runner said...

Hope you feel better and spin is too hardcore for me. Nice job and keeping the <3 rate up!

jen said...

Sorry you are feeling sick. :( Great brick workout though!

Alisa said...

Wow, swim before and after spinning plus pushups...holy cow! My arms would be jello. My legs too for that matter.